Submitted by greggles on
(I think) I want to build a straw bale home.
Prior to that, I want to stay in a hotel of a strawbale home to make sure of the fact...
I asked about strawbale hotels or places that take guests and here was the response:
- "Try the Bale-on group I believe we have a SB bed and breakfast in our
membership group" which seems to refer to the group referred to on this Ontario Strawbale Building Coalition page and has a Yahoo Group as well
- "The Ash Canyon B & B in Hereford , AZ is a strawbale building and a great birding site. Contact Mary Jo Ballator at 520-378-0773. More info at http://AshCanyonBandB.com Plus, there are a number of strawbale homes within an hours drive you could visit as well." Which is quite a drive away.
- "If you get to Southern Arizona the Steens have a B & B at the Canelo Project when they don't have workshops going." Which refers to this fine B&B run by some very industrious Strawbale folks - again, pretty far away.
- "The Black Range Lodge, in Kingston, New Mexico, has a beautiful strawbale guest house. Catherine Wanek and Pete Fust are the proprietors, builders and general strawbale resource people. 505/895-5652,
http://www.blackrangelodge.com/ It's a full day's drive from Denver, however."
Sadly, he's right about the drive.
- Nigel Smithers wrote to me: "My wife and I operate a bed and breakfast inn in Hemet, CA (about 90 miles northeast of San Diego). Both our main house and our guest house are straw bale construction (we were the first approved and permitted straw bale residence in Riverside County)." Their currently under construction website is http://www.twinpalmsranch.com
- "There is one is Crestone Colorado. It is in one of the straw bale house books, and it has a labyrinth in the court yard." Was another email, but I cannot for the life of me find that thing. So much for advertising...
Maybe some of those Arizona ones we could combine into a road trip and go to Copper Canyon and El Potrero Chico all at the same time and be super happy people.
- Log in to post comments
f5_3d replied on Permalink
did you stay in the Strawbale
did you stay in the Strawbale Hotel then ?
nikkibob replied on Permalink
I stayed at the Ash Canyon
I stayed at the Ash Canyon B&B in Az and it was great!
compatible sams... replied on Permalink
Strawbale Hotels Near Denver | Knaddison.com
Hi there, I believe your website could be having web browser compatibility problems.
When I look at your site in Safari, it looks fine however, if opening in IE, it has some overlapping issues.
I simply wanted to provide you with a quick heads up! Aside from that, wonderful blog!