This recipe is for a wonderful side dish that even your kids (or husband) will eat. The carrots end up being very sweet and the ginger adds a really nice spike to the flavors.
Ingredients for Ginger Carrots
- 1 lb. carrots
- 1 tsp. freshly grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt -- to taste
- pinch of white pepper -- to taste
- minced parsley - garnish
Instructions for Cooking Ginger Carrots
Place carrots in a large skillet, cover with water and bring to boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer until crisp-tender, drain.
Add zest, juice, butter, honey, ginger, salt and pepper and stir over medium-high heat until carrots are glazed. Garnish with minced parsley.