For me, the interesting things were:
- We had 61 people total over a period of 2 hours and 20 minutes. They started in the early period of dusk as daylight faded and there was a pronounced slowdown as the night got darker.
- The most popular costumes were ninja, vampire, and geisha, but Geisha is just because a whole family did it.
- I was tempted to tell the family that Geishas are sometimes synonymous with prostitutes and are a somewhat outdated idea that is frequently seen as sexist. I skipped it. (See what my friend Heather said about Memoirs of a Geisha for example).
- My favorite costumes were the creative ones and were all girls: Facebook, Jessie from Toy Story, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Snookie, Bubble bath (but credit for that has to go to her parents as she was only 3).
- My least favorite were consistently boys: A guy in normal clothes who drew a blue mustache on his face on our front porch and said his costume was "the creeper", two boys in relatively normal clothes with masks in hand. Weak!