Recently the folks from the Democract Convention Committee were looking to hire a Web/Drupal savvy person in the Denver area. They posted to Craigslist, I added it to Groups.Drupal.org but what else can you do?
There are several good places in Denver to find tech-savvy employees (likewise, if you are looking for work, pay attention to these places that advertise jobs):
- Craigslist Denver Web Jobs is of course the 800 pound gorilla, massive listings and traffic, and free. Always a good place to post your ad.
- RMIUG (Rocky Mountain Internet User Group has probably the best email based job board via the rmiug-jobs Yahoo Group. Be sure to read the FAQ before posting.
- Groups.Drupal.org's job postings get a really targeted (Denver + Drupal) audience of folks.
- Colorado Startups Job Board which is pretty thinly trafficked, but I have hope for this one.
- Denver Webdesign Meetup Group has a message board that is pretty job friendly
- Boulder/Denver New Tech Meetup Group has a job announcements section at the beginning of the meetings.
And if emailing and posting on all of these fail, you might want to actually go to one or two of the meetings and get to know folks and mention your needs. That seems to work even better than just posting emails.
Did I miss any? What do you use?